Friday, April 20, 2012

Hello second trimester

I can't believe how fast time is flying by already!  When I found out that I was pregnant at about 5 weeks I imagined time would go by so slowly.  This was by far the hardest secret I have ever had to keep!  You are so excited about it, that you just want to go and tell everyone, but you are still so early and considered "in the danger zone" that you also want to keep it to yourself.  I was impressed how long I was able to keep it a secret considering I am a terrible liar.  Of course I had to tell some people to get it out of my system. :-)  I am just so glad it is out in the open now and I can freely talk about it.

I have been lucky and have had very few days of sickness during the first trimester.  The worst part for me was how tired I felt all the time.  I also had to end up going to night shift for my job and that did not help the issue.  Luckily I have been able to go back to days and am feeling much more energized. 

There are so many things that you can and cannot eat when you are pregnant.  The worst for me has hands down been the caffeine.  I can admit that I was a caffeine junky before I was pregnant.  The first thing I would reach for when I wanted something to drink would be a soda, and I drank those throughout the day.  I also love Starbucks, iced tea, and all other beverages which you can no longer drink while you are pregnant.  When I found out I was pregnant I stopped drinking caffeine cold turkey, which was also not a great idea.  I experienced headaches, jitteriness, and my hands were very shaky.  I felt like I was going through withdrawals like some of my detoxers that I used to care for on 700 East.  Seriously!  It was crazy!  I feel great now and have come up with many substitutes for my thirst quenching.  Here are a few things I like:  Water :-) (Great with lemon and a lime)
                                                                   Perrier (plain or they have lemon and lime flavors)
                                                                   Diet Root beer
                                                                   Caffeine free Diet Coke
                                                                   Sprite Zero
                                                                   I also like to add Mio to my water to give it some flavor
                                                                   Fresca

Hopefully those will be helpful for those of you that are considering/trying to have a baby.

I am looking forward to the next 6 months and even more excited to find out if we will be expecting a boy or a girl sometime in early June. 

These are the things baby Wolfe has acquired so far thanks to my Mom and a few things I have picked up here and there.  :-)




                                                                

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again! So excited for you.
    I was super tired my first trimesters (all 4) as well. And caffeine withdrawal is the pits!

    ReplyDelete