Thursday, March 3, 2011

DIY

I am obsessed with HGTV and fixing up our house.  Not that it needed fixing up but when Justin purchased the house 3 years ago it was brand new and everything was white.  I have taken over the house one room at a time!  I started with the kitchen before we were married.  I just recently did touch ups on the kitchen and have perfected my edging on textured walls and ceilings thanks to some creative thinking and Lowe's.  :-)  We hired the living room to be painted since it is a larger space and where we spend most of our time.  We were going to hire someone to paint the bedroom as well, but I felt more confident in my painting skills and decided to take on the task.  I spent last Friday painting the bedroom "milk chocolate."  While I painted my husband was in the basement working on framing the walls of his new Man cave.  It took me 8 hours to paint and I finished at 1:45 am on Saturday morning.  It turned out great!  

We then decided that maybe we had too much brown going on in our bedroom.  Brown walls, tan floors, brown furniture, brown curtains, and a brown duvet.  Obviously I like brown.....but it is a bit much!  :-)  Shopping time!  Justin agreed that I could use our state tax return to purchase a new duvet and linens to spice up the bedroom with some color.  The verdict is still out on which duvet I will pick!  I ordered some swatches of fabric and they should be in soon!  I will post pictures of our new and improved bedroom once we actually purchase the duvet and get everything settled. 

This Friday my husband and I plan to work on the basement together.  I am not sure how much help I will be since I am not exactly a master contractor. :-)  It should be a great learning experience for me as long as I don't injure myself in some way, which is always possible with me. :-)  We are looking forward to getting the basement finished so we can start enjoying it!  Hopefully this time next month it will be finished!! 

Next week will be a busy week as I work 4 12 hour shifts, but we are looking forward to my mom and stepdad coming to visit for the weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment