Monday, January 7, 2013

2012 year in review

So I worked on this post half of the day on New Years day sorting through pictures and adding captions in between Kennedy's feedings, and of course when I go to post it my computer freezes up and I ended up losing half of my post.  :-(  I was so stinking mad it has taken me this long to log back in and work on it.  Some of the pictures are missing and will remain missing because I just want to be done with this post. :-)


January 2012
My 28th birthday at Big Whiskey's

New job in the NICU. This was after attending a c-section.

February 2012
Valentine's day

Found out we were pregnant the day after Valentine's day.  I think I was approx. 4 or 5 weeks along.

March 2012

We were invited by our friends Austin and Summer to come visit them for the weekend in Arkansas and attend the horse races in Hot Springs.  We also did a little putt putt.  

Horse races in Hot Springs Arkansas

April 2012
Must have been pretty boring for us because the only picture I had was a Springfield Cardinals game. :-)

May 2012
Blair twin's baby shower.  One of my best friends was having twins!  She had a boy and a girl named Jackson and Avery.  My friends Heather, Krystal, and myself threw them a baby shower at Big Whiskey's.  We had such a great turn out!  (I wish the pictures would have worked because the cake and diaper cake were really cute!)

June 2012

Gender revealed!  It's a girl!  We had the ultrasound tech put the picture in an envelope saying if it was a boy or girl.  We took the envelope to a bakery that I had already arranged for them to make a cake and put pink or blue in the middle so we could cut into the cake and find out just the two of us. We picked the cake up about an hour later and went to the park where our good friend Karen Mcqueary was able to capture the moment for us as we cut into the cake and saw the pink line. 


We also took a mini vacation to Branson Missouri.  Yes, that is only 45 minutes away, but I was 20 weeks pregnant and we really didn't want to travel too far away.  :-)  We stayed at the Chateau on the Lake and had a great view of the lake and a random national wakeboarding tour.  That was fun to watch!  Our friends Heather and Mullis joined us for a night and we went to Level 2 for a really great steak! Highly recommended!  Little did we know that early that next morning the Blair twins would come into this world a little early. :-)

July 2012

In July we went to the Ozarks Empire Fair and the truck and tractor pulls. It was 100 degrees when we were there. Yeah, that probably wasn't the best idea ever. :-)

August 2012
My mom and best friend Olivia threw us a baby shower in Illinois.  We were so blessed with so many gifts! 

September 2012
Springfield shower at Highland Springs given by my best friends in Springfield, Melanie Blair and Heather Mullis.

Our 2 year wedding anniversary.  We had a maternity picture photo shoot and ended the day with dinner at Nicholas.

October 2012
Justin's birthday with dinner at Nakato and live band at Flo

40 weeks and 3 days.  Last night of being pregnant.  (hopefully)
Our bags were all packed and ready to go the morning we were scheduled for induction.  For more details about our delivery see my previous blog.
And here she is!  Miss Kennedy Grace Wolfe. Born Oct 30th at 5:57am

November 2012
 November 1st 2012 we got to take home our little baby girl.  
Justin trained several months for his first half marathon on November 6th.  We were really hoping and praying she wouldn't be too late so I wouldn't be in labor or in the hospital for his race.  It worked out great.  My mom was still here to help with Kennedy so we packed her up and myself and rode around cheering him on!  He did such a great job!  We are currently thinking both of us will train for the Chicago marathon 2013.
Turkey trot on Thanksgiving day.  Kennedy was 3 weeks old and of course slept the whole way. :-)

December 2012
Annual Silver Dollar City Christmas outing.  First time going with the Kennedy and the Blair babies. We had a great time and the lights were beautiful! 
Santa baby! Kennedy's first visit to Santa.  She was such a good girl.  We went to the Santa at the mall and he was magical.  He seriously looks like he could be the real deal.  She was wide awake and content the whole time.  When he first help her she gave him the funniest confused look.  It was so sweet.  I can't wait to see how she reacts to Santa next year.  Maybe it will be the same guy!
We went to Illinois to visit my family the weekend before Christmas.  That was our first road trip with Kennedy and it ended up being a long one.  It normally takes 5.5 hours and it ended up taking about 9 hours due to a traffic jam we were stuck in when we were only an hour away from my mom's house.  Crazy!  We made the best of it though!
Happy New Year.  Every year we get all dressed up and go out to a nice dinner.  This year things were a little different for us.  :-)  Different in a great way.  So we decided to still get dressed up and go to our friend's house and make a nice dinner and play with our babies.  :-)  It was a great way to bring in the new year. 

I am excited to see what 2013 will bring us because 2012 was the best yet, because we have our sweet baby Kennedy Grace! 

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment