Monday, April 4, 2011

I am no Lindsey Vonn....this is true.



One of the few times that I was standing. :-)

Such amazing views!  These mountians were not messing around!

Me, Mackenzie, and Bayli outside at the Keystone ski lodge.

Me, Bayli, and Marci outside while it was snowing.

Me and Marci


Colorado was so much fun!  The mountains were so pretty!  We stayed at Keystone Ski Lodge with the Water's family.  I have only skied once before and that was in KC so it doesn't really count. :-)  I had a lesson on Friday and it went ok.  I still ended up falling several times and the instructor recommended that I take the lift back rather than ski down the mountain like normal people.  So I took the ride of shame down the mountain.  Oh well!  Saturday I was not sure whether or not I was going to attempt to ski again, but at the last minute decided to go ahead and go for it.  We went all the way to the top of the mountain which is 3 1/2 miles high.  We decided that I would probably be able to do the easiest run down the mountain which is called school marm and is a green.   We realized this was a bad idea after I fell about 100 yards into the run.  I fell all the way down the mountain.  No seriously....I did. :) It took me 3 hours to get all the way down the mountain!!  (But I did finish, even though I considered quiting many times.)  God bless Justin and Marci for sticking with me and starting and stopping so frequently.  I was so bad even the little 4 and 5 year olds were going around me!! Ha ha ha.  (I can laugh now, but it really wasn't funny at the time.)  Even though I had a terrible experience getting down the mountain it did not totally turn me off to skiing.  I would like to try again, but many many months from now.  Justin and I were so sore when we left we could barely move!  We decided I just needed more practice, confidence, and less steep hills.  Overall we had a great time and made some great memories! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the title of this blog :) Very clever! Plus, your vacay looks amazing. I am officially jealous.

    ReplyDelete